Whether you are a developer, contractor, subcontractor, homeowner, or condominium or homeowner’s association, you know how expensive construction projects can be. At Deno Millikan Law Firm, our experienced attorneys pride themselves in helping you protect your rights and safeguard your investments.
Deno Millikan attorneys have decades of combined experience helping clients prevent or resolve construction-related disputes, including:
- Drafting and reviewing construction contracts and lien notices
- Plaintiff and Defense litigation support and representation involving:
- Change orders
- Defective or incomplete specifications
- Design errors or omissions
- Schedule disruptions/productivity losses
- Changed conditions
- Water intrusion
- Contract Termination
- Inspection Errors
- Bid protests/awards
- Insurance claims
- Construction defect or product liability representation
Construction & Condominium Defect Litigation
Mold, water damage, cracking walls and foundations—these kinds of problems in new or newer commercial, residential, or condominium construction projects are often the result of construction defects.
Developers, contractors, designers, and product manufacturers may all be responsible to some degree, and can be held liable for financial injury suffered by an owner or association. We represent commercial property owners, condo associations, and homeowners’ associations who have suffered financial losses due to construction defects. Knowledge of construction practices and contract law make our firm the right choice for legal representation in construction defect cases.
With decades of construction law experience, the attorneys of our firm have litigated multi-party and class-action lawsuits. We are prepared to handle even the most complex case on behalf of condo associations, commercial property owners, homeowners’ associations, and groups of homeowners. The (2005) Washington Condominium Act, for example, requires mediation of disputes under its alternative dispute resolution provisions, but condominium cases do sometimes end up in court before a jury. We have extensive experience trying cases before juries and arbitrators, as well as settling cases through mediation.
We represent clients who have suffered financial losses due to construction defects, defective products, breach of warranty, and breach of contract, including claims relating to:
- Poor workmanship in the construction of a building
- Defective installation of windows, siding, roofing, or other construction materials
- Defective construction materials leading to water intrusion, mold, or shortened product life
- Toxic or dangerous construction materials, such as materials that include asbestos
- Foundation problems due to improper grading or drainage issues