Hello – My name is Kent Millikan. I’m a senior partner in the Deno Millikan Law Firm, and I’ve practiced law since 1968. My experiences in life and the law have given me judgment about issues and cases that can only be gained by years of experience representing clients in and out of the courtroom.
I have years of experience as a trial lawyer representing clients in personal injury cases, in complex divorce and family law cases, in contentious probate issues, and in complex business matters and real estate. My practice focus now is personal injury, probate, estate planning, business and real estate matters. With this experience, I feel that whatever legal problem you may have, I, or other members of this firm, can provide you with our best efforts to win or solve your problems.
I grew up near Cleveland, Ohio, graduated from college at Oberlin College in Ohio, and graduated from the School of Law at William and Mary College in Williamsburg, Virginia. I was admitted to the Virginia Bar Association in 1968, and to the Washington State Bar Association in 1970.
In 1974, I began private practice in Snohomish County with a law firm that evolved over the years into the Deno Millikan Law Firm, PLLC.
I am a member of the Washington State Bar Association and Washington State Association for Justice. I have served as a Superior Court Commissioner Pro Tem, as an arbitrator for the Snohomish County Superior Court Mandatory Arbitration program, and as a mediator in personal injury and family law cases. I was awarded the “Golden Gavel Award” by the Snohomish County Bar Association, and received a Pro Bono Publico Commendation by the Washington State Bar Association for volunteer pro bono legal services to individuals.
Outside of the office, I enjoy golf and racquetball , and enjoy spending time with my wife, children, and grandchildren. I invite you to come and see me if you have a legal matter or problem. I will do my best to successfully resolve the problem with advice and/or preparation of legal documents you may need in negotiation, or if necessary, in the courtroom.
To contact Kent Millikan, please call 425-259-2222 or email us today!
Areas of Practice:
- Arbitration of Disputes
- Business Law Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporation & Partnership Law
- Professional Negligence/ Medical Malpractice
- Estate Planning
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Probate Attorney
- Real Estate
- Personal Injury
- Litigation Percentage:
- 40% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Bar Admissions:
- Washington, 1970
- Virginia, 1968
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 1971
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1971
- The College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, Williamsburg, – Virginia, July, 1968, J.D.
- Oberlin College, Oberlin, Ohio, July, 1965 – B.A., Major: Economics
- Representative Clients:
- Northwest Plus Credit Union
- Comprehensive Wealth Management
- Honors and Awards:
- Snohomish County Bar Association, “Golden Gavel Award”, 1987
- Washington State Bar Association, Pro Bono Publico Commendation, 2004
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Snohomish County Bar Association, 1970 – present (President 1994)
- Snohomish County Legal Services, 1989 – 1990 – President
- Washington State Bar Association, 1970 – Present – Member
- Washington State Trial Lawyers’ Association (now Washington State Association for Justice), 1986 – Present – Member
- Snohomish County Superior Court, 1983 – Present – Arbitrator
- Snohomish County Public Defenders Association, 1978 – 1981 – President, Board Member
- Past Employment Positions:
- Cogdill, Deno, Millikan & Carter, Partner, August 1, 1974 – March 1, 1992
- Northwest Washington Legal Services, Executive Director, January 1, 1972 – August 1, 1974
- Legal Services, Seattle Legal Services, Staff Attorney, March 1, 1970 – December 1, 1971
- Pro Bono Activities:
- Volunteer Pro Bono Attorney – Snohomish County Legal Services, 1974 – Present
- Member, Family Law Task Force Committee, Snohomish County Bar Association, 1987 – 1988
- Board of Directors, Evergreen Legal Services Corporation, The Statewide Federally Funded Legal Services Program, 1976 – 1977
- Board Member, Snohomish County Community Action Council, 1973 – 1975
- Member, Law and Justice Planning Committee, Snohomish County Law and Justice Planning Office, 1978 – 1979
- Edmonds Community College Citizen Advisory Committee Member, 1979