Snohomish County Attorney in Everett, WA
phone (425) 292-5233
fax (425) 259-2033
Since being admitted to the practice of law in 2007, I have been a trial attorney.
I spent my first five years as an assistant public defender in Bradenton, FL, where I more or less lived in a court room. I acted as trial counsel, a division chief, appellate counsel, and a liason to diversionary programs. I had the fortune of trying many jury trials, including mandatory life cases.
In 2012, I started working in civil litigation in Sarasota, FL. I represented plaintiffs exclusively. This time period provided me with very valuable education. I had the benefit of very good attorney mentors who taught me an enormous amount about trial craft, negotiation strategy, and many of the finer techinical points of legal practice.
In 2015, my family made the decision to move to Washington. After briefly practicing on my own, I joined the firm of Deno Millikan, PLLC. At Deno Millikan, I practice primarily in the areas of family law, criminal law, and personal injury. Working with such an experienced group of attorneys with such a broad legal background has allowed me to continue expanding my practice and get the best possible results for my clients.
Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Washington, 2015
- Florida, 2007
- Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida, 2007 – J.D.
- University of Florida, English Literature, Gainesville, Florida, 2004 – B.A.
Honors and Awards:
- Washington State Bar Association, Pro Bono Service Commendation, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Snohomish County Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2016 – present – President
- Washington State Association for Justice, 2016 – present – Member
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2016 – present – Member
- Washington State Bar Association, 2015 – present – Member
- Florida Bar, 2007 – present – Member
- Washington Defender Association, 2015-2016 – Member
- Florida Justice Association, 2012 – 2015 – Member
- Manatee County Bar Association, 2012 – 2015 – Member
Past Employment Positions:
- Law Office of Patrick Songy, Owner/Operator, 2015 – 2016
- Luhrsen Law Group, Associate, 2012 – 2015
- Office of the Public Defender, 12th Judicial Circuit, 2007 – 2012
- Intern for Hon. Patrick Caddell, Sixth Judicial Circuit, Pinellas County, 2006 -2006