Snohomish County Attorney in Everett, WA
fax (425) 259-2033
Since being admitted to the practice of law in 2007, I have been a trial attorney.
I spent my first five years as an assistant public defender, where I more or less lived in a court room. I acted as trial counsel, a division chief, appellate counsel, and a liason to diversionary programs. I had the fortune of trying many jury trials, including mandatory life cases.
In 2012, I started litigating civil matters. I represented plaintiffs exclusively. This time period provided me with very valuable education. I had the benefit of very good attorney mentors who taught me an enormous amount about trial craft, negotiation strategy, and many of the finer techinical points of legal practice.
In 2015, my family made the decision to move from Florida to Washington. After briefly practicing on my own, I joined the firm of Deno Millikan, PLLC in 2016. I became a partner in 2019. At Deno Millikan, I practice in the areas of family law, personal injury, employment law, and estate planning. My primary area of practice is family law. In addition to handling a full family law caseload, I am the president of the Snohomish County Bar Association’s family law section and I have taught bar-approved continuing education classes to other practicing family law attorneys on a wide variety of issues. My practice is focused on complicated custody disputes and high-asset dissolutions (including cases involving the sale of businesses). I also frequently litigate protection order matters (both in the context of dissolutions and as separate cases).
My broad experience base, paired with the knowledge and extensive experience of my partners at the firm, allow me to serve as an effective and compassionate advocate
Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Washington, 2015
- Florida, 2007
- Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida, 2007 – J.D.
- University of Florida, English Literature, Gainesville, Florida, 2004 – B.A.
Honors and Awards:
- Washington State Bar Association, Pro Bono Service Commendation, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Snohomish County Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2016 – present – President
- Washington State Association for Justice, 2016 – present – Member
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2016 – present – Member
- Washington State Bar Association, 2015 – present – Member
- Florida Bar, 2007 – present – Member
- Washington Defender Association, 2015-2016 – Member
- Florida Justice Association, 2012 – 2015 – Member
- Manatee County Bar Association, 2012 – 2015 – Member
Past Employment Positions:
- Law Office of Patrick Songy, Owner/Operator, 2015 – 2016
- Luhrsen Law Group, Associate, 2012 – 2015
- Office of the Public Defender, 12th Judicial Circuit, 2007 – 2012
- Intern for Hon. Patrick Caddell, Sixth Judicial Circuit, Pinellas County, 2006 -2006